In late April, the International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA) announced plans to co-locate its 2013 International Dairy Show with PROCESS EXPO, which is sponsored by the Food Processing Suppliers Association (FPSA). The Show will be held at McCormick Place in Chicago, November 3–6, 2013. This decision is the result of meetings and discussions with IDFA members, business partners and stakeholders during the past year.
- The International Dairy Foods Association (IDFA), Washington, D.C., represents the nation’s dairy manufacturing and marketing industries and their suppliers, with a membership of 550 companies within a $110-billion a year industry.
IDFA is composed of three constituent organizations:Milk Industry Foundation (MIF)
National Cheese Institute (NCI)
International Ice Cream Association (IICA)
IDFA’s 200 dairy processing members and their 175 divisions, subsidiaries, and joint ventures run nearly 600 plant operations, and range from large multi-national organizations to single-plant companies. Together they represent more than 85% of the milk, cultured products, cheese and frozen desserts produced and marketed in the United States.
In addition, 330 member companies provide processing equipment and supplies, packaging equipment and materials, ingredients and a wide variety of products and services to the dairy processing industry. Nearly 15 state and regional trade associations are also members of IDFA. IDFA can be found online at www.idfa.org.
- After several meetings, surveys, and focus groups with our stakeholders, IDFA opted to re-evaluate the annual trade show that was launched in 2010. “There are too many shows and a diminishing ROI for each show” is a common statement from many of our exhibitors and we want to change that opinion. The new show time, location and the co-location opportunity with PROCESS EXPO will attract more buyers at a better time of year and having the show occur every other year will help decrease total exhibition costs for exhibitors.
- Prior to the 2011 show, IDFA had been in discussion with several associations and shows. After a number of meetings and discussions regarding the timing, location, and return on investment for stake holders, IDFA and FPSA decided to co-locate in Chicago in 2013. IDFA has shifted from September in Minneapolis, and FPSA opted to move their show from October to November in Chicago. IDFA and FPSA agreed that the new timing and location of the North and South halls of McCormick Place were ideal for both associations.
- Anyone who is a supplier to the dairy processing and packaging industry should exhibit at the International Dairy Show. Dairy Show attendees represent the leading dairy, beverage, and food processing plants and corporations from around the world. You cannot miss this opportunity to connect with your customers — conveniently located at one place and at one time — along side PROCESS EXPO, saving you time and money to get face time with your most important customers.
- To help reduce the costs of an annual International Dairy Show, IDFA has moved to a biennial format. We have worked with GES to incorporate a flat $3/ square foot drayage rate (those exhibitors that are only 100 square feet can opt out of this fee.) Additionally, IDFA is working with GES to utilize their extensive experience working with Chicago unions to negotiate the best possible rates on show services for exhibitors.
- Since IDFA had signed contracts with a number of companies for booth space for the September 2013 dates, IDFA provided a right of first refusal of space for those who committed to joining us in Minneapolis. IDFA does offer a first-come first-serve policy, after on-site space selection and priority point deadlines.
- The International Dairy Show and PROCESS EXPO are offering the same exhibit rate. The cost per square foot: $32 for IDFA members and $41 for non-members. This includes a one-time drop of unlimited equipment and display materials and all outbound drayage. Additional orders to the general contractor will be billed separately at the exhibitor’s expense at the rates published in the exhibitor kit. 10′x10′ booths can opt-out of the drayage charge; costs per square foot: $29 for IDFA Members and $38 for non-members.
- Yes, IDFA accepts new member applications throughout the year. Non‐members can join now.
- Contact IDFA’s membership department at firstname.lastname@example.org or view additional membership information online.
- For the foreseeable future, shows will continue to be held in Chicago.
- There is roughly one month between the IDS and the PACK show in Las Vegas.
- After meeting with our stakeholders, IDFA determined that the return of the Show to Chicago would be responsive to the interest of our members and stakeholders and would provide the opportunity to capitalize on the success of past shows. In addition, the concentration of members and exhibitors within a 150 mile radius of Chicago makes it an easy trip to the show for many participants. Also, the cost saving measures instituted by McCormick Place in the past two years has made Chicago an even better place to do business.
- The show does offer pavilions to make it easier for those attendees looking for specific suppliers; however, there are those exhibitors who opt out of the pavilions and wish to exhibit independently within the show. IDFA will offer the following pavilions for the 2013 show: Ingredients, Seasonings & Flavorings; Sustainability; Innovation Showcase; Food Safety & Traceability; and Dairy Distribution.
Yes, IDFA will continue with the on-floor presentations in the iDairyShow and in the Dairy Demo area of the Ingredients Pavilion. Presentations will be reviewed under the call for papers and presentations that will open in January 2013.
- May 7, 2013.
- Exhibit sales are currently open for the 2013 show. Contact IDFA at email@example.com or view additional information online.
- IDFA will be working with its member companies to encourage and facilitate significant member attendance. We will work with the International Dairy Show Advisory Committee on marketing and promotional opportunities as well.The complimentary pass program, Platinum Passes, will once again be available for exhibitors in 2013. Exhibitors will be able to offer free registration to their current and prospective clients.
In addition, we will also utilize media trades for ad placements in nearly twenty dairy, food, and beverage publications; direct mail; emails; and international trade development, and IDFA will continue to work on cross promotions with other shows.
- While we will be marketing the show globally, the heavy emphasis will be on North and South America, China, India, and Russia. We will be leveraging our established relationships with associations and trade publications in these areas. In addition we will also be working with an international trade marketer and a network of agents to promote the Show.
- Yes, IDFA will once again offer the complimentary Platinum Passes for exhibitors to offer to their customers and prospects.
Yes, we currently have a show committee that meets at the Dairy Forum; in addition we have several calls throughout the year. If you are interested in joining the committee, contact Robin Cornelison at firstname.lastname@example.org for additional information.
- IDFA has a robust attendee marketing program planned, utilizing a combination of direct mail, e‐blasts, print ads, videos, electronic ads, press releases, advitorials, whitepapers, and various exhibitor marketing support programs (including exhibitor button ads and free passes).
- Yes. If the booth layout you submit is maintained “as is” the one spot will cover your drayage costs. You receive unlimited weight for a one‐time spot.
Yes, this service will be included in the $3 per square foot drayage rate.
Booths that are 100 square feet can opt out of the $3 drayage fee. Any booth above the 100 square feet will pay for drayage at the rate of $3 per square foot.
Move in is from Tuesday, October 28, 2013 – Saturday, November 2, 2013. Move out is from 1:00 p.m., Wednesday, November 6, 2013 – 12:00 a.m. Thursday, November 7, 2013.
IDFA and FPSA have the same exhibit rates for 2013.Cost per square foot: $32 for IDFA Members and $41 for Non‐Members. This includes a one‐time drop of unlimited equipment & display materials and all outbound drayage. Additional orders to the general contractor will be billed separately at the exhibitor’s expense at the rates published in the exhibitor kit. 10′x10′ booths can opt‐out of the drayage charge; costs per square foot: $29 for IDFA Members and $38 for Non‐Member.
- There should be minimal need for overtime during set‐up, but tear down, which is much quicker than set‐up, may require some overtime. GES will be coordinating a scheduled move-out for South Hall.
Bring a team from your office.
What our attendees say:
The education session and signature session speakers were outstanding.Maurizio Bizzarri, Parmalat Canada
I got the opportunity to meet a wide range of vendors and see the newest technology.Mark Bunch, Sherwood Dairy
- Travel discounts are available for @dairyshow November 3-6! Be sure to check back for more http://t.co/Bb48tGtZU9 02:46:11 PM May 17, 2013
- Beware of hotel scams, the only official hotel vendor for @Dairyshow is OnPeak. Book online here. http://t.co/0m3XXe7t3h 02:46:46 PM May 15, 2013
- Enhanced programming, new on floor promotions & co-location w/ @ProcessExpo means this will be a revolutionary @dairyshow experience... 03:16:41 PM May 14, 2013
Get updates on your phone. Text keyword “dairyshow13″ to 292929.